So for the past two weeks I was pretty much completely out of commission for anything fun or fun adjacent due to an extreme bout with the flu. Or at least I think it was the flu. One of the problems with my current job is that it doesn't offer health insurance so I diagnosed myself using a combination of WebMD, Yahoo! answers, and a neti pot instruction manual. Since I couldn't breathe, I spent most of my time on the couch looking as pitiful as possible and requesting bottled water, kleenex, and various medicines, one of which made me wake up from a nap thinking it was 1994. A good year to be sure, but not one I'd necessarily want to time travel to. Despite my one time travel adventure, I recovered fairly quickly and was able to go back to business as usual.
It got me thinking about insurance though. One of the days I was glued to the couch I watched C-Span as the House voted to repeal the healthcare bill. I guess I'll just keep trying to save up for a Dr. who doesn't have "Web" in his name.
No comments:
Post a Comment